My entry for the Stamp Ink Paper challenge 186. The challenge was using vellum. I new immediately that I wanted to do a stamped overlay and this is one of the cards I came up with. I used MFTs polka dot background stamp with Hero Arts white unicorn ink. I was told in a Facebook crafting group that the white pigment ink wouldn’t dry on vellum. I’m happy to say that the Hero Arts ink certainly does and it only took a few hours to dry. I used some miscellaneous circular stamps with Memento and Hero Arts inks.
Stamp Ink Paper challenge 181
I really missed these challenges over the holidays, I find them so motivating. This weeks challenge is colors, black, grey and the color of your choice.
I came home from a ski trip and waiting for me was a few packages. I was really excited about my new miracle ink blending brushes and decided to try them out on my new cloud stencil from MFT. Those brushes are everything they’re cracked up to be, total game changer for the blending challenged.
My New Years resolution for crafting was to finish cards. I often try out new techniques for backgrounds with no plans past that. Often these things end up in a to do pile that’s overwhelming! I had my background so now how to finish.
I used soft sky in from Stampin Up and the cloud stencil from MFT to create the background. I used a frame die also from MFT. The stamp set is from Hero Arts and a definite favorite of mine because, BIRDS! I had black, the ink and grey, the cardstock pluse soft blue for the sky.
I love making Christmas cards so this challenge really appealed to me. I feel like season for making Christmas cards is so short! I tend to take my time on each one as I only give a few to family and friends. This card isn’t going in the mail, because of the dimension, it’s getting hand delivered to a friend.
I have really been wanting to use this layering die from Birch Press. I decided right away that I wanted to use neutrals and I love the way it turned out! I colored the large poinsettia flower from Elizabeth Crafts with copics. I shaped the flowers and added some details with colored pencil. I used a sentiment from a recent C&9th release and made a boarder with gold card stock.
It’s been a while since I’ve had time to make a card.
When I do have free time, lately, I just want to improve on my watercolor skills.
I took a break from watercolor on this one and busted out the ol’ Copics. This rose from Hero Arts is a favorite of mine.
The background die and the boarder die are from Lawn Fawn, I seriously can’t get enough of that background die!
The sentiment from Unity Stamp Company is often requested by the younger people in my community. Honestly I’m just glad they send actual cards to each other.
I’m so loving my journey with watercolors! That being said, I’ve kind of been so obsessed that I haven’t been making as many cards and my stash is getting low. I decided to do some watercolor stamping with this Concord and 9th Floral Fill-in stamp set and the die is also from C&9. I used distress inks and Arches cold pressed watercolor paper. I didn’t think the colors would be this vibrant! I really loved the out come. The colors are very tropical and bright. Thank you for taking time to look.
This weeks challenge is a color challenge, the colors are: pink, mint and navy. I haven’t used last months new Concord & 9th stamps so set about coming up with ideas using those. I was really happy with the way this card came out.
I stamped the C&9th stripes and sayings background stamp with Stampin Ups pacific point ink and cut it to 4”x5 1/4” I adhered it to some dessert storm 100 lb card stock. I then stamped the laurel wreath stamp with green parakeet from Papertrey Ink and the darker color green was archival green from Ranger. I die cut the wreath with the coordinating dies. I cut the hello from the same die set 3x and layered them.
I wanted to use this Hero Arts bird stamp that I used a lot right after I bought it, but haven’t used it in a while. I wanted to use the pattern for the challenge Stamp Ink Paper 154. I used a watercolor scrap that I just happened to have on my desk and I scored the top to cover a groove I made while scoring my cardstock. I enjoyed this challenge.